EPCOT will launch an epic new fireworks display, Harmonious, on October 1, the launch date of the world’s most magical celebration, the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort. Now Disney has released more details on this nighttime show, including the runtime!
According to a new press release, Harmonious is 20 minutes long and the show will air every night (weather permitting). It’s typical of a lot of other Disney nightlife shows, but it’s certainly exciting to finally know the official runtime!
Disney has also revealed more information about the songs that will be featured in Harmonious. There will be 15 songs in the show, with 13 languages represented. The musical ensemble features 240 artists from all over the world, and bringing the show to life took over 110 separate recording sessions in nine countries. The scale of this spectacle is enormous!
According to the press release:
EPCOT guests gathering on the shores of the World Showcase Lagoon are treated to a magnificent cultural symphony, showcasing the unifying power of history and song. In this musical journey around the planet …
- “Harmonious” opens with an inspiring mix of “How Far I’ll Go” from “Moana” and “Go the Distance” from “Hercules” performed by “American Idol” finalist and three-time GRAMMY® nominee Danny Gokey, with singers Elisha Garrett and Ninet Tayeb.
- Johannesburg’s Ndlovu Youth Choir contributes a favorite mix of “The Lion King”, performed in both English and Zulu.
- “Dig a Little Deeper” from “The Princess and the Frog” stars singer Bryson Camper and legendary gospel artists Karen Clark Sheard and Kierra Sheard.
- French pop singer Damien Sargue performs “Out There” from “Le Bossu de Notre-Dame”.
- Disney and Pixar’s “Coco” songs receive a rousing Pan-Latin shipment from award-winning Puerto Rican artist Luis Fonsi, responsible for several global hits including “Despacito” and award-winning Mexican singer-songwriter Joy.
- Disney and Pixar’s “Brave” receives a Celtic kick from GRAMMY® and Emmy® nominated violinist Máiréad Nesbitt and multi-talented electronic artist, violinist and artist Lindsey Stirling.
- The musical selections of “Mulan”, “The Jungle Book” and “Aladdin” are showcased by the vocal talents of Wang Liuqi, Hollie Hammel, Aditya Rao, Gaayatri Kaundinya, Jorgie Shkara and Sanaa Marahati.
“Harmonious” closes the curtain on each EPCOT day with the show’s hopeful message about the magic that happens when people come together. As it draws to a close, the inspiring ballad “One Day” (from “The Hunchback of Notre Dame”) combines with composer Pinar Toprak’s new EPCOT theme to unite the peoples of the world in hope and hope. promise found every day in the park. .
The fact that Harmonious features classics from Walt Disney Animation Studios like Mulan, The Jungle Book, The Hunchback of Notre-Dame, and Aladdin, as well as new favorites like Pixar Animation Studios Courageous and coco and of course, The princess and the Frog, We were certainly delighted to see the show when it premiered next week. Although the official start date is October 1, Disney will be live streaming Harmonious on September 29 – you can find out more here!
Overall, Harmonious appears to be a magical, heartfelt, and inspiring show, perfect for all Disney fans. We can’t wait to see this new nighttime show and be inspired in person!
Are you excited to see the new nighttime show Harmonious after its Walt Disney World debut? Click here to book a trip to the most magical place on Earth!